3D Scanning & Application Engineer - Tampa
Location: Tampa, FL
EMS is a trusted provider of advanced 3D precision measurement solutions for metrology and reverse engineering applications. EMS works with a wide array of companies, including leading suppliers in the automotive, aerospace, industrial equipment and similar industries.
Due to growth, EMS has an immediate opening to expand our Application Engineering team in the Tampa, FL area. For the energetic, proactive team player who joins us, EMS offers a growth-oriented, fast-paced team environment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn and use cutting edge 3D scanning and measurement solutions to deliver highly accurate, time saving inspection and analysis solutions to a range of manufacturing and product development companies.
The position’s responsibilities include on and off-site 3D scanning, modeling and analysis, as well as pre- and post-sales technical support via benchmarks, customer demos and training. In this position, he or she will learn and use a variety of 3D scanning systems, as well as CAD (Solidworks), inspection (Polyworks) and reverse engineering (Geomagic Design X) software. The position reports to the Manager of Engineering. Travel will be required, up to 50%.
- Collect 3D scan data on and off-site
- Create as-built models from scan data
- Perform dimensional analysis on scan data
- Prepare and present results to customers
- Support EMS sales organization in the sales process
- Understand the sales process to provide more effective technical support.
- Deliver product demonstrations and presentations comfortably to variety of individuals.
- Represent EMS at tradeshows and other events
- Perform installation, training and support to the EMS customer base
- Travel required.
- 4-year mechanical, aerospace or industrial engineering degree strongly preferred. Non-degreed with related experience will be considered.
- 3D CAD solid and surface modeling knowledge required Experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Pro/Engineer, CATIA, Rhino or other 3D CAD software. Solidworks Associate certification preferred.
- Pro-active self-starter with desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team environment.
- Highly customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to diagnose and solve technical issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Sound planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail while thinking strategically.
- Experience with 3D Scanners, probing systems and related software is a plus
- Familiarity with GD&T and inspection processes is a plus
- Experience with other applications (animation, reverse engineering, CAM, PDM) is a plus.
- Knowledge of 3D scanning, metrology and/or reverse engineering industries is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows & Office products.
- US Citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain security clearance if needed.
- Willingness to travel required.
- Must be able to physically lift and carry required equipment
Compensation: Compensation based on experience
Hours: Full Time
Contact Information: Please use the Apply button above to submit resume, or send resume to email@example.com for consideration